- Please write neat enough for me to read what you have written.
I cannot give you credit for work I cannot read.
- I use a red pen. Pick another color for your work.
- Show your work in problems with numerical solutions. I find it hard to
justify giving you points for problems where you don't justify your answer.
- Circle your final answer if appropriate.
- Use white space to separate different problems.
- Draw a picture if it clarifies your answer.
- Do your own work. It is obvious when you copy problems from other people
and it violates the college academic honesty policy.
- You can email your homework to me as simple text file, pdf, or other common document formats.
- Submit your entire homework together in the same manner.
For example, don't email me half and turn in the other half on paper.
- Come see me or ask me in class if you have questions. I'm here to help!
- In problems where a numerical answer is required, show a reasonable number of
significant digits in your answers.
- In problems where an answer having units is required with units, be sure to indicate the
number of units (ps, ns, ms, etc).
See Schedule for due dates.
- Chapter 1 Exercises (5 points):
1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.10, 1.12
- Chapter 2 Exercises (20 points):
2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.18, 2.19, 2.21, 2.22, 2.23, 2.26, 2.27, 2.39, 2.46, 2.47
Note: You may find the material from appendix A and/or the green card helpful. You can verify some of your answers
- Chapter 3 Exercises (20 points):
3.3.1a, 3.3.2a, 3.3.3a, 3.4.3, 3.7.6, 3.10.1a, 3.10.2a, 3.10.3a, 3.10.4a, 3.11.2, 3.14.4a, 3.14.5a
Extra Credit: 3.12.2.
- Chapter 4 Exercises (40 points):
4.1.1a (create a table like Fig 4.18), 4.1.2a, 4.1.3a,
4.1.4a, 4.1.5a, 4.1.6a,
4.2.1b, 4.2.2b, 4.2.3b,
4.15.1a, 4.15.2.a, 4.15.3a,
4.24.1a, 4.24.2a, 4.24.3a,
- Chapter 5 Exercises (25 points):
5.2.1, 5.2.2ab, 5.2.3ab,
5.3.1a, 5.3.2a, 5.3.3a,
5.4.1a, 5.4.2a, 5.4.3a,
5.4.4a, 5.4.5a, 5.4.6a,
5.7,1a, 5.7.2a, 5.7.3a, 5.7.4a, 5.7.5a,
5.8.1a, 5.8.2a, 5.8.3a, 5.8.4a,
5.10.1a, 5.10.2a, 5.10.3a,
5.12.1a, 5.12.2a, 5.12.5a,
- Chapter 6 Exercises (20 points):
6.2.1a, 6.2.2a, 6.2.3a, 6.2.4a,
6.14.1ab, 6.14.2ab, 6.14.3ab,
- Chapter 7 Exercises (10 points):
7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.4.1, 7.4.2,
7.7.1 (How many possible arrangements are possible?),
7.12.1, 7.12.2, 7.12.3,
7.14.1, 7.14.2, 7.19.
Copyright © 2019, David A. Reimann. All rights reserved.