Test 2 Review and Study Guide
See the tests page for general information about the tests.
- 60-90% of the test will be problems to test your reading ability of java.
"Given the following class definition, what results when the following statements are executed?"
"What will be produced when the following statements are executed?"
- 10-40% of the test will be problems to test your ability to use program.
"Write a class/function to ..."
- Know and understand all labs, homework, and example programs on W drive
- The material builds on material from Test 1, so you should know and understand that material.
- Objects and Classes
- Using Objects
- Object variables are references
- =, ==, .equals
- new operator
- Coding Objects
- Instance variables
- Writing and using Constructors
- scope of variables
- 1D Arrays
- declaring arrays
- creating arrays with new
- initializing arrays
- using arrays
- size of the array
- array references, =, ==
- Sorting and Searching
- Sequential (Linear) search
- Binary Search
- Selection Sorting
- Insertion Sort
- other information covered in class or lab not explicitly mentioned here
- Know and understand Labs 6-9
- Chapter 9C: Object Data
- Chapter 25: Objects
- Chapter 26: Object References
- Chapter 27: More about Objects and Classes
- Chapter 28: Method Parameters
- Chapter 29: Strings and Object References
- Chapter 29B: More about Strings
- Chapter 30: Defining your own Classes
- Chapter 31: Class Design Example (miles per gallon)
- Chapter 32: Class Design Example (checking account)
- Chapter 34A: Parameters, Overloading, Local Variables
- Chapter 34B: Object Parameters
- Chapter 35: Objects that Contain Objects
- Chapter 46: Introduction to Arrays
- Chapter 47: Common Array Algorithms
- Chapter 49A: Methods that Change Arrays
- Chapter 49B: Arrays of Objects and Linear Search
- See http://chortle.ccsu.edu/java5/index.html
Copyright © 2017, David A. Reimann. All rights reserved.